International bestseller Dan Jones heads off on his Powers and Thrones: A New History of the Middle Ages book tour kicking off with the first in-store event of the Autumn at Waterstones Piccadilly on the 1st September before heading off to Blackwells in Manchester, Edinburgh and Oxford, as well as headline appearances at festivals across the country.
Publishing on the 2nd September, Powers and Thrones is Dan's tenth book. Across 16 chapters, blending Dan Jones's trademark gripping narrative style with authoritative analysis, Powers and Thrones shows how, at each stage in this story, successive western powers thrived by attracting – or stealing – the most valuable resources, ideas and people from the rest of the world. It casts new light on iconic locations – Rome, Paris, Venice, Constantinople – and it features some of history's most famous and notorious men and women.
It has already received rave reviews from The Sunday Times, who called it 'Confident, colourful and compelling, Dan Jones’s unapologetic narrative is simply the best popular history of the Middle Ages' and fellow historian Suzannah Lipscomb who said 'Dan Jones is in a class of his own ... Read this book to wrap your head around 1,000 years of history with as much ease and enjoyment as relaxing into a good novel'.
'Powers and Thrones: A New History of the Middle Ages' by Dan Jones is published 2nd September in hardback, ebook and audiobook -available for pre-order now.
Powers & Thrones: A New History of the Middle Ages Book Tour
- 1st Sept Waterstones Piccadilly
- 2nd Sept Blackwell’s Oxford
- 6th Sept The British Library
- 7th Sept Blackwell's Edinburgh
- 8th Sept Blackwell’s Manchester
- 15th Sept Gloucester History Festival
- 16th Sept Toppings Ely, Cambridgeshire
- 22nd Sept Chelsea History Festival
- 24th Sept Appledore Festivals
- 29th Sept Lindum Books, Lincoln
- 6th Oct Ilkley Literature Festival
- 10th Oct Warwick Words History Festival
- 11th Oct How to Academy (Live stream talk)
- 14th Oct TAL, Thame Festival
- 23rd Oct Cliveden Festival
- 27th Oct Ragged Bear Festival, Warwickshire
- 30th Oct Petworth Festival
- 24th Nov Hatchards Piccadilly Christmas Evening
- 26th Nov Hay Winter Weekender
- 30th Nov The London History Festival